Pages

Pinterest

January 21, 2015

Sunny Snapshots mini album

We are already half way through January with no snow to speak of.  It is EXTREMELY cold and I burrowed in for few days while my family goes to school and work.  I have been trying to organize and clean out but something keeps calling me back to my scrap space.  I decided to create a mini album from November when we went apple picking in weather that was sunny and bright, well one day anyway.  Thinking maybe that would warm my feet.  Nope.  Today I have Smart Wool socks on, homemade knitted socks and my husbands slippers.  My own don't fit over so many layers.  I am sipping coffee with a lemon candle burning.  Hoping I feel warmer.

Here is my sunny mini that didn't help change the temperature but it sure was fun making.  



I created this album with cardstock pages.  I use Bazzill 8.5 x 11 Avalanche.  It has just enough texture and my favorite.  I cut this in half the long way and folded in half with the texture inside, to create the pages of my album.  Best thing about making your own album, you can decide how many pages you want for your event.  I knew I needed 5 open pages.


I then used a strong adhesive to attach the pages back to back like so.


To create even sturdier pages, I machine stitched as close to the inside as I could on each page.  I HAVE to use my sewing machine on everything lately.  It is a stage I am going through.  Remember the funky scissor stage?  Tearing paper stage?  Been through it all!!!


I chose the papers from Pink Paislee I wanted on the outside of my album.  Attached with a strong adhesive and whipped it through my sewing machine again, of course!  Then I started decorating the inside.  We went picking twice.  The first time, on the rainiest day ever and then again with our friends.  We ate apples for weeks!  Apple pie, Apple Crisp, Apple Sauce, Baked Apples.  Everywhere we went, we took something apple with us!







There is a local farm that has a cold cellar and we can still get apples that taste freshly picked.  We are lucky to live in New England.  Even though I am kinda crabby today.  I hope you have enjoyed my little mini and think about creating one for yourself.  I will list the products I used below.


Supplies used:
Bazzill 8.5 x 11 Avalanche cardstock
Pink Pailsee:  Hello Sunshine Patterned paper
Pink Paislee: Hello Sunshine Ephemera
Pink Paislee:  Hellow Sunshine 3x4 Pocket Cards
Pink Paislee:  Hellow Sunshine Chipboard Sticker Set
Studio Calico Tags
Random enamel dots





1 comment:

  1. I love this Mary-Ann! I am inspired... I have this paper pad and was wondering what I could make with it. I love the patterns and c l loss in this collection. Thanks for sharing you talent with the rest of us....lol

    ReplyDelete